The wheels of the skateboard are an essential part so to keep them functional; you will need to maintain them. Cleaning the wheels might seem tedious, but it is important that you clean them frequently. You might be intimidated on selecting the wheel from an array of options to choose from, so we have compiled a few tips about how you can increase the operational life of the wheels, which wheels will fit your need and what are skateboard wheels made of.
Below is the list of a few useful things you should know.
Select the Right Trucks
When you add the wheels to your board, it is suggested that you select the right trucks. Ensure that you buy high-quality bearings as it is worth your investment. The wheels of a skateboard are attached to the trucks with bearings, so make certain that you select the right trucks. We suggest you buy trucks that are narrow for the deck and avoid buying wide trucks as it will make you lose the balance.
Determine What Type of Wheels You Will Select
Selecting the wheel plays an important role and it depends on the type of the skateboard you will opt for. There is an array of factors to consider when you will select the skateboard wheels for rough roads, wheels for a park or skateboard wheels for street, so ensure that you consider the following factors:
- Before heading out to buy the wheels, determine where you will be skating and how often.
- Bigger riders often go for bigger wheels.
- Check the quality of the wheels and their warranty.
- Examine the Wheel Hardness
It is very important that you examine the wheel hardness as it will impact on the performance of the board. When you will check the hardness and if the udometer scale went up to 80, it indicates how hard or soft the wheel is. If the number is higher, then it means the wheels are hard and if the number is lower, it means the wheels are soft.
Check the Wheel Diameter of the Board
It is advisable that you check the wheel diameter of your skateboard. The diameter can be measured in millimeters and if the number is higher than it is a big wheel. Don’t underestimate checking the wheel diameter as it affects how tightly you can turn and how fast you can accelerate. If the diameter is low of the wheel, then be prepared for a slower ride. However, if the diameter is big, then get ready to cruise.
The skateboard wheels for the street can be smaller in size, but if you want to use it daily or you have just started riding the skateboard, then we suggest you go for a big diameter of the wheel. Don’t forget to determine your weight and height before selecting the diameter of the wheel.
The above are a few things you should consider before going out in the market. Apart from the above factors, make sure you check the shape of the wheels as it comes in different cuts and shapes. Are you looking for a minimal weight board? If yes, then go for narrow wheels. It will also help you excel in learning all the skateboard tricks. If you have just started riding the board, then we suggest you select cruiser wheels as they have the best grip. Make sure you check all the variants and compare at least 4 to 5 options and this way, you will buy the best budget electric board.
How to Clean the Wheels of Your Skateboard?
- Cleaning the wheels of your skateboard is advisable. The first step is to remove the wheel from your skateboard. You can remove it by using a socket wrench. Just make sure you place all the things in one place as it is quite possible to misplace them.
- The next step is to remove the bearings. Just be certain to keep the wheels and bearing separately.
- Once you remove the bearings and wheels, clean it with a clean cotton cloth. Make sure you clean the surfaces. Once you do it, then take out a large container of water and put a teaspoon of dishwashing soap in the container. Place all the wheels in the water and leave it for at least 15 minutes.
- The last step is to again wipe them with a clean cloth and dry them. Ensure that you clean them with toilet paper and dry them out properly. Once they dry out, then you are ready to go.
We hope after reading the blog, you know how to clean and maintain the wheels of your board. We recommend you to clean the wheels frequently as it will only prolong the operational life of the wheels.